One of those conditions in which abnormal cells propagate uncontrollably and grows like a malignant tumor is of course, Cancer. And there are different kinds of cancer. And pretty much any part of your body can get cancer, from the lungs, breasts, prostate, colon, and even to your toenails (subungual melanoma). Also, the most common kind of cancer is skin cancer, in which the majority of people have. And the most common types of skin cancer are melanoma and carcinoma.
So, what kinds of treatments are available to treat skin cancers?
Here are some common treatments that do not need any surgery for skin cancer:
- Radiation Therapy – The utilization of low-energy x-ray beams to destroy cancer cells. This procedure may take several treatments to eradicate cancer cells.
- Photodynamic Therapy – The application of the light-sensitive topical agent to the affected area and utilizing blue. Red. Or laser light to selectively destroy cancer cells.
- Topical Medications – The application of creams and ointments prescribed by your dermatologists to fight cancerous cells on the skin. Topical medications such as curaderm bec5 skin cancer cream is a common product used for this.
Sometimes, Surgery is needed to get rid of those cancer cells completely. Such procedures are:
- Excisional Surgery – a surgeon will take out the affected region of the skin through the use of a scalpel to avoid its further expansion.
- Mohs Surgery – Commonly used for areas around the face, as well as on large-scale skin cancer that multiplies.
- Cryosurgery – The surgeon destroys the affected skin area by freezing it with liquid nitrogen.
These treatments will always depend on the severity of the patient’s condition. And as well as the advice of a dermatologist. Take note of this, if you have an abnormality on your skin, contact your dermatologist as soon as possible for treatment.